Dr. Underwood previously worked in Louisville, Kentucky at University of Louisville affiliated hospitals.
She has experience treating a wide range of psychiatric problems as well as a diversity of patient populations in a large urban setting. She works to incorporate family therapy into her treatment practices with children and adolescents. Utilizing the latest in research and psychopharmacology, she strives to provide the best in evidence-based practice parameters.
Dr. Underwood has been proactive in the community in attempting to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness and has actively participated yearly in the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention walk “Out of Darkness” to help raise awareness.
In her leisure time, she enjoys cooking, photography, hiking and spending time with family and friends.
Special Clinical Interests
- Attachment Disorders
- Neuropsychiatric Problems
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Medical Degree: University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Louisville Hospital
- Fellowship: Child Psychiatry
University of Louisville Hospital
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: Board Eligible
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry