Licensed Addictions Counselor
As Chemical Dependency Services Department Director, Tonya Sorenson leads all chemical dependency services provided by Prairie St. John’s, including Inpatient, Partial Hospitalization, Chemical Dependency, Intensive Outpatient Program and High and Low Intensity Residential Treatment Programs, Drug Court and the Suboxone Clinic. Additionally, she is responsible for administration, professional development, fiscal management, and quality assurance within the chemical dependency programs.
Tonya Sorenson has more than fifteen years experience in the field of addictions. Past experiences have included extended care for adult and adolescent women, a women’s halfway house and Mayo Clinic’s outpatient addictions services in Rochester, Minnesota. “My philosophy has always been to utilize a client-centered approach, allowing each client to have their own journey. I feel honored and privileged to be part of each individual’s unique experience.” When not at Prairie, Tonya enjoys travel, reading and time with family and friends.
Special Clinical Interests
- Master’s Degree: Addiction Psychology
- Bachelor’s Degree: Sociology / Psychology
North Dakota State University
- Practical Nursing: Rochester Community
& Technical College
- MN Board of Behavioral Health, LADC
- Clinical Supervisor in MN
- ND State Board of Addiction Counseling Examiners
- Clinical Supervisor in ND
- Member of the Fargo Training Consortium for Licensed Addiction Counselors